Southside Set to Make a Splash at SAEM 2020
The faculty at Southside is going to be busy this May, as several of our physicians will be participating in the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Consensus Conference in Denver, Colorado. In addition to the acceptance of 7 abstracts, our faculty will be leading 2 workshops, and providing 3 presentations. This success further demonstrates the tremendous academic growth taking place at Bay Shore EM! See below for a list of what has been accepted:
- Dr. Apterbach, Dr. Mastanduono, and Dr. Rivera: Intravenous Flow Rates Using Commonly Available Venous Access Devices: a Prospective Observational In-Vitro Study
- Dr. Apterbach and Dr. David: The Impact of Comorbid Mental Health Diagnoses on Observation Unit Operations
- Dr. Apterbach and Dr. David: Improving the Accuracy of Emergency Physician Critical Care Billing Using an Educational Intervention and Electronic Medical Record
- Dr. Apterbach and Dr. David: Does the Presence of Family Affect Door-to-Drug Time in the Administration of TPA?
- Dr. Garg: Resurrecting the Resident Researcher: Addressing Barriers to Engaging Residents in Meaningful Emergency Medicine Research
- Dr. Gupta: Wilderness Medicine Advanced EM Workshop
- Dr. Gupta: Wilderness Medicine Research Didactics
- Dr. Gupta and Dr. Frank: Residency in Non-Traditional Departments Advanced EM Workshop
- Dr. Levine: IGNITE! Speaking Competition
- Dr. Garra also has several abstracts accepted
In addition to SAEM, Dr. Gupta will be lecturing at the FDNY Medical Special Operations Command Pre-Conference this May.
Check back with us in May for photos from the conference!